Friday, November 09, 2007

Twinkle, Eat Your Heart Out

Well everyone, we made it back from Paris. The trip was so wonderful. I didn't get a single stitch of knitting done, unfortunately, but who can knit when there's so much to see?

Poppy came along with us...she said she didn't go out...although she was very adamant about rushing us out on certain days. What trouble do dolls get into when left alone? I don't want to know.

Poppy catching a ride in my carry-on. I was nice enough to not put her in my checked luggage and I even let her sit in the seat rather than be stowed in the overhead compartment.

Sunset in Paris. I think it was one of the most beautiful things ever.

Poppy at the Bastille. Now, you may have noticed that Poppy has some new threads. I couldn't let my girl go to Paris in the same old same old! This was a quick dress that I knit up the night we left. I took inspiration from Twinkle by Wenlan Chia and used one ball of R2 Rag. I casted on 20 stitches, bound off/recasted on for 4 stitches for armholes and knit until I ran out of yarn [with a few increases for hip shaping]. The leftover I threaded through 4 of the side stitches for a coordinating belt. Poppy est très chic!

Now you're wondering if I only took 3 pictures. No, don't be crazy! I posted a few of the Parisian sites to my Paris Flickr set. I'm still feeling a little off, so sorry if this post is a little disjointed.