Saturday, February 02, 2008

Who Needs Barbie Anyway?

Back when I was just a young superstarra, I would go over to my friend Cara's house and we'd play Barbies in her garage. She had the coolest doll who had really long hair and this styling tool that would create twists in her hair. You would take two strands of hair and the tool would first twist the individual strands, then twist the strands together.

I longed for that Barbie hair styling tool while I sat at my desk yesterday giving myself carpel tunnel twisting together the fringes of mom's blanket. Tedious doesn't even begin to tell the story.

So I harnessed the evil power of the internet to find out if maybe, just maybe, Mattel made a doll that had a similar tool in her Barbie trousseau. And wouldn't you know, they did! After work, I headed off to Toys*R*Us in hopes of finding this particular doll.

Needless to say, I struck out...they didn't have the doll I was looking for.

But they did have this! A Totally Me Hair Braider [twister, because it doesn't really braid]. This little tool does exactly what I wanted without the annoying Barbie doll in the package! So fast and so easy! It's brilliant! Now why they don't repackage these and carry them in craft stores, I don't know!

So I rushed home and tried it on the Lap Shawl. Perfect. All my little fringes were twisted up in a matter of minutes. I'm the happiest girl in the world!!!