Monday, March 03, 2008

Knitting Attention Deficit

More distractions.

We're a month into Project Spectrum and I'm getting a little weary of the red, pink and orange. It has been interesting knitting in a limited palette, but I'm really wanting to work with a different color. Any color other than red, pink or orange [not that I knitted anything orange or much pink, mind you]. I'm in the process of narrowing down my queued "fire" projects. No more endless stockinette. No more larger projects. That being said, the Beachcomber Tunic will be put on hold [which is fine because the Safari isn't too bad to work with during the hotter summer months] and I'm putting the Ribbed Baby Cardi on hold as I should be up in the Pacific Northwest later in the spring, and I'd like entertain the thought of delivering it to the new baby in person. So that leaves finishing up Flo and possibly starting Rita Mae. I may ditch Rita Mae all together and just start in on the next color palette. That all depends on how long it takes to finish Flo...which is the thing I've been distracting myself from finishing in the first place.

Speaking of distractions...another FO.

Foliage Hat

Backstory

Pattern: Foliage from Knitty.com
Yarn: Rowan Chunky Print in black
Needles: size 10 and 10 1/2
Exposition: My second little hat for my friend. It seems that photographing black is impossible, so I didn't really try very hard to get it in focus. You wouldn't be able to tell anyway.

I didn't have the size 9 DPN's called for in the pattern, so I did the ribbing on a size 10. It's comfy and warm, but still airy with all those holes. This was super quick. Next time I need a quick knit, this is definitely worth revisiting.

Oh, and another distraction...
I forgot to share with you the stash of acrylic I stole from my mom. I could have easily taken even more, but decided to show some self restraint. I love the mustard yellow and the three green yarns on the left. Maybe I'll make a gray crochet cute kitty in an orange sweater for my niece's birthday at the end of the month.

Oh, the last note on the marathon. One of the things I want to try to do was to get gf and I on the news coverage of the race. Our first opportunity was when the elite women passed by, but of course, the camera was facing away from us. The next opportunity was when the elite men passed by...we were in perfect position. I waved at the camera. BRiLLiAnT! So once we got back to our apartment, I rewound the DVR to Mile 5. And wouldn't you know, as soon as they were about to show us, the coverage cut away to show interview someone up the street! DAMNIT!