Sunday, March 16, 2008

Let It Flo

Okay nay-sayers...here's the big reveal...

Flo in the light of day

Backstory

Pattern: Flo Cardigan
Yarn: GGH Bali
Needles: US 6
Exposition: Ah! Finally done. What a relief.

Flo

Nothing much to say about the pattern itself. There is no shaping to the body, so there were no surprises about the resulting sweater. It's boxy, it's comfy...perfect for those 'I didn't drink enough water bloaty' days. The only thing that I would change would be the size that I made. I measure a 38" bust, but usually will make my sweaters in a 36". Since Flo is a cardigan and I didn't want the dreaded button boob-age gape, I decided to go against my usual MO and make the 38". It's pretty roomy, so I could have gotten away with the 36" and not had gapeage. Oh well, live and learn.

Flo Button
I love my button choice.

Flo Buttons
Totally worth the money I paid for them. I'm thinking [but am probably too lazy to] I might reinforce the button band. The pattern said 7 buttons, so I bought 8 just in case I lose one, but somehow, Flo only has 6 buttonholes. What the...? I've notice that if I have the top two buttons undone, the top flops open, so I'm planning on using the extra two button as button backs at the top. Pretty inside and out.

Flo driving around town
Flo...the perfect driving around LA on a Sunday sweater.