Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stalling...

Nothing much to say, so I thought I would share some pretty pictures.

My copy of Rowan 43. Not a bad book. I decided to subscribe to Rowan. I would have a long time ago, but it just seemed so expensive. Then I thought about my knitting habits and I realized most of the patterns I have made either came from Rebecca or Rowan Magazines. In the years I've subscribed to Interweaves and Vogue, I've liked a lot of their patterns, but somehow they just never get made. Not very cost effective. So I think I'll let my subscriptions go and and keep with the Rowan [why can't you subscribe to Rebecca yet?!?!?!].

So these are the two patterns that I feel a certain amount of obsession about. I know it's a good one when I immediately get the starteritis itch and start researching yarn.

I love sweater. I love the stitch pattern, I love the style...I'm not in love with the fact that it's made out of Kidsilk Haze. No more fuzzy yarns, people! I just can't do it. I swore off hairy, hairy yarns after making gf's Habu. I did see some lace-weight merino over at Knitpicks...might have to try it. I'm also a bit concerned about the bottom band. It seems a little lifeless, but on the plus side [I originally type 'plus size], it's not clingy.

And this dress. OHMYGOSHTOTALLOVEATFIRSTSIGHT. Reminds me of a sweater/skirt set my mom made for my sister. So pretty. MUST.MAKE.NOW. I love the 3/4 sleeves, I love the bottom lace, I love the drab color even. I hate that it's made from Rowan 4-ply Cotton. 100% cotton yarn is so hard on my hands. It drys them out and won't cotton get all wonky and stretched out? Not a good choice, especially in a dress this length, I'm thinking. Any suggestions for a substitute?