Monday, June 23, 2008

Ouch!

Hope you all had a good weekend. It was blazing hot in So Cal, so gf and I escaped to the beach. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time...even after a big wave knocked me over. Of course I landed right on a rock that left me with this beauty.

Not my butt. Just my upper thigh.

Lesson 1: Always respect the power of the ocean and watch out for big waves and rocks.
Lesson 2: Don't use the macros setting when taking a picture of your thigh...especially if you're posting it on the internets for the whole world to see. I have no shame.

Sunday was a little less exciting. It wasn't as hot as Saturday, so I stayed very still and knitted quite a bit on the Textured Tunic between moaning about the heat and napping.
Textured Tunic Body
I completed the body rounds and am now working on the front panel. I didn't add waist shaping...when I tried it on, it looked ok, so I didn't see any reason to rip back and add them in. Now just a few adjustments to the bottoms and I've got a one way ticket to sleeve island!