Thursday, September 11, 2008

Longer Than Necessary

Rebecca Cable #7

Here's my progress Cable #7. It sure is cute...but it's taking much longer than I anticipated. First issue was figuring out the first row. Once I got over that obstacle, I forgot that being a left-handed knitter requires me to reconfigure the chart and the corresponding instructions so that my cable crossings reflect the original design [which pretty much meant frogging it all and starting over]. Then I reached the end of the chart and started the repeat over again. Since I have to constantly refer to the picture to make sure the cables are twisting the right way, I could see that after the first row that something was off. And as much as I hate being the knitter who cried "errata", all signs indicate the chart being wrong.

I'm going to do a little more research before I start calling patterns out on their incorrect charts, but for now, all is right in Superstarra-ville.