Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Distractions

I'm waiting for work time to be over. It's taking entirely too long...I'm hoping that the package that came in the mail and blogging about the package that came in the mail will take up a little time. Last month, I had made a trip to Wildfiber to inquire about getting the yarn needed to complete Habu 74. They just so happen to have been hosting a RYC/Rowan trunk show. I had an opportunity to try on a sweater I've had my eye on for a long time.

The Comfy Kimono from RYC Classic Accessories. I'm not sure it was the exact same one they used in the book, but it was the same color and it was impeccably finished. It fit like a dream. You know I was obsessed with it since then. The only thing I didn't like was how the yarn shed on my t-shirt. Since then I'm been looking for a good subsitute [with good yardage, since this baby takes 20 balls of RYC Silk Wool DK yarn].

You know what came next.

An email from everyone's favorite fiber pusher, Little Knits. I ordered 11 balls of the Ella Rae Classic. I'm hoping it will work out and I won't have to do too much adjusting to the pattern. Keep your fingers crossed.

So that came in the mail today.

Along with something that will be perfect for election night knitting.


One ball of Silk Garden Lite 2031. I have been wanting to make the Noro Striped scarf for the longest. I'm loving the bright oranges and the vibrant greens and a few shades of blue thrown in for good measure. It's so pretty in person.

I think it will look great paired with my second yarn...

Noro Silk Garden 2030.

I've had this yarn in my stash for quite awhile now to make a second enrelac scarf, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Could it be because I keep buying yarn for new projects rather than using the yarn I've bought for patterns I already have in the queue?

Yeah, maybe. I'm going on a serious yarn diet.