Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Oh, Happy Day!

What a wonderful day to be alive!

Yesterday, I had been in nervous about the election results and today I am so excited that we have a new President-elect.

Like so many of us, I'm feeling so many emotions. Of course, joy and happiness; pride and anticipation for the next 4 years; and wonderment and awe.

This is a step in the right direction for our country. And although he is an African-American, I think it's more important to note how he has inspired and rallied so many...young/old/black/white/man/woman...to action. He is the embodiment of what we believe and hope to be true here in America...that all of us can be and do whatever we set our minds to become or achieve. Amazing and inspirational.
HERE'S TO THE NEXT 4 YEARS!

Election Day Noro Striped Scarf
I'm sure there are some knitters who will celebrate by going on a yarn binge. As for me, I started a new project [there is a strict yarn diet on, afterall]. Sure, I have Habu-74 to seam and the collar and sleeve of the Cabled Coat to knit, but there's nothing like a little color to spice things up. Here are the humble beginnings of the Election Day Noro Stiped Scarf. I'm liking the red/orange and green! My knitter's intuition is going off a little though. I'm afraid that the yellowish section from one ball is going to wind up being striped with the beige section of the other ball. It may be a striking combo and randomness is the point, right? So I'm letting it go and letting the chips fall where they may.

Have a wonderful day everyone!