Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back To It

It's mid February already. You'd think I would have put the 'Fiasco of a Knitted Christmas' behind me.

No, I hadn't.

It wasn't until this weekend that I finally took the time to put the pile of 'Christmas gift yarn' back in it's proper place. In the closet. Out of site. Out of mind.


Well, in the midst of cleaning and reorganizing the stash, I came across a WIP from almost exactly a year ago.

Remember my love of the Helon dress from Rowan 43? Yeah, neither did I. Just kidding. I've actually thought about picking this project up quite a few times, but there was always some distraction. But coming across it again, I have a renewed excitement and commitment to it.

Besides that, I realized that if I would have been more consistent with it last year, I would have had a new dress to wear this Spring. Sad, but true. Let that be a lesson to me.

Helon DressThis goes against my 'no knitting for me until I lose a few' rule, but I'm okay with it. By the time I finish it, I'll pretty much be where I need to be size-wise. There will be a few odds and ends projects that I may try to knit in between [you know how much I like switching back and forth between knit and crochet] but I think it will be my main project for the time being. I'm almost looking forward to working on it. Let's see how I feel a month from now, huh?