Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sheer Scarf

I'm not much of a Christmas list maker, but one item that made the list this year was Shibori Knitted Felt. I've been interested in this technique since seeing an article about it in Interweave Knits a few years back but never tried it. So when I received the book I was pretty excited to try a few of the patterns. I was instantly drawn to the Sheer Scarf and thought it would be great for my sister in law.
The colors I've chosen are a bit unorthodox, but they are not only the colors of the school where she teaches, but also of her favorite football team. Everyone wins, right?

I had some Rowanspun 4ply in the stash and found some Kidsilk Haze at my LYS. I've been knitting away since New Years and am just about to attach the second ball. Whew, it's a marathon! I've got to speed up the progress though. We're going to see her at the end of next month and I'd like to have it done by then.

I think I can do it.