Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Did I Miss It?

Hey! Long time no see! I bet you all though Poppy and I ran off with the circus. But alas, we are still in LA.

Let's see, what's happened since December?

  • I had an insane notion to make Christmas gifts. I unwisely bought a knitting machine from Michael's figuring I could use it to make gifts with yarn I have and hand finish.
    Total gifts made: 1. Needless to say, the knitting machine is no longer with us.
  • When did I decide knitting Christmas gifts wasn't feasible? The evening of December 22nd.
  • Despite the lack of hand-knitted gifts and in spite last minute shopping, Christmas was really great. A lot of family and just a little bit of drama to keep us from wanting to get back together too soon. Just kidding.
  • New Years was great too. Quiet. Calm. Foggy. We stayed home and played Rock Band. We ROCK!
  • Chinese New Year was great. I met some friends in Chinatown and we took in the parade. It was a great time.
  • Work has been insanely busy...hence no downtime for posting.
  • We're all scared about lay-offs...even at the Tragic Kingdom, so budgeting, reigning in spending and paying off bills have become more important than ever.
  • I have been knitting.
  • No knitting for me...I'm keeping to the promise of my last post [and I really appreciate all of your support and encouragement, by the way]. I have my goal weight in mind and am about 1/3 of the way there. Let me tell you, it's going to be a Superstarra Super-cute Summer!
  • I've been finishing up my hand knit Christmas gifts. Still.
  • I hope to have some posts and updates about what I've been working on.
Um...I think that's it for now. I'm promise to get back to regular posting and reading...I miss knowing what you are all up to!