Monday, March 16, 2009

Inappropriate For The Season

I am a creature of knitting habit. I should know this about myself. So when I abandoned my sister in laws scarf last week, it wasn't a huge surprise. Especially when I'm so close to finishing. I'll be seeing her next week, so having it done might be a wise idea, because Spring is the perfect time for a warm wool and mohair scarf, right?
It's just over two feet long. The weather is warming up midweek so I'm going to go ahead and felt and block it. If it shrinks too much, I'll still have time to add more length, but I think it will be just fine. Then I'll just have to add the ruffles at the end and call it finished!

And what, you might ask, did I abandon that stripey goodness for?
A long suffering wip, the Cabled Coat. I picked it up last week when I had forgotten the scarf and Helon at work. It's been on like Donkey Kong since then and once again I find myself looking forward the the endless cables. I will hopefully have this half of the collar done sometime this week so I can block and possibly get to assembling. Just in time for spring...a wool sweater! What's wrong with me?