Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dawn Is Not Distant...

Despite my weekend soiree with Jacket #41, I've made some significant progress on Dawn. I'm on the back section and am about 40 rows away from starting the back's bottom ribbing. I'm excited to get this one off the needles, but it's getting heavier, so I may have to pace myself a bit. Working on Helon is an option as well as a few other little projects I have in mind.

The one thing that has been on my mind quite a bit lately is what to do with the Plymouth Bamboo. I'm depressed about the two different dye lot issue. I would need 3 more balls to make Nectar and unfortunately, Webs [who has it on sale] doesn't have either dye lot in stock. I would suck it up and buy the extra 3 balls, but then that's a third shade I'd be throwing into the mix. I thought of the over-dye option, which seems valid, but I'm not sure how bamboo would take the dye not to mention I happen to really love the shade of green it is now. I also thought of buying another colorway and making something striped, but that just doesn't appeal to me at all.

What's a knitter to do?!?!