Monday, April 13, 2009

April Goal #1: Jacket #41

Backstory

Pattern: Jacket #41 from Rebecca 33
Yarn: Rowanspun 4ply, held double
Needles: US 5 and 7
Exposition: It has risen from the ashes like a brilliant Phoenix! Jacket #41! New, improved and wearable!!!

I chronicled my adventures on Saturday afternoon, as most of the frogging and reknitting was done Friday evening. And being so close to the finish line, I decided that the rest of Saturday should be spent completing Jacket #41. A FO is way more important than reorganizing my closet.

Like you would have made a different choice.
Yeah, I thought so.

As you can see, there's not much difference when looking at it from the front, other than the bottom ribbing being longer. Wearing it, however, was a huge difference. It was much more relaxed and comfortable, mostly due to the cable band being looser and relaxed across the back of my neck.

The biggest difference, as you can see, is from the side. NO MORE PUCKERING! The longer bottom ribbing has helped it lay down and behave! Yipee! This sweater has finally reached its potential!

As for the Rowanspun yarn, I think it's really nice to work with. I had read that it has a tendency to break, but I didn't run into that problem. I love the color and although this is a cropped, 3/4 sleeve sweater, it's really cozy warm. Perfect for wearing in the subarctic office during the summertime over a cute dress or a tank!