Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SEAMING WEEK: Redux

I'll be honest. Seaming Week: Redux almost didn't happen. This weekend, I was really dreading seaming 3 sweaters and putting the Galaxy Tank together. So I did what any knitter in his or her right mind would do.

I casted on for Buttercup.

Fortunately for Seaming Week: Redux, my gauge was totally off and I had to frog the whole thing. I took that as a sign from the knitting gods and got my ass in gear to make Seaming Week: Redux a reality.

You know that my first attempt at Seaming Week was thwarted by two right fronts on Glint. Well, I have that all reknitted, correctly this time. With that out of the way, I decided to check out what was going on with the Cabled Coat. I did a few measurements and realized that the front collars were an inch or two short. So I pulled out my trusty size 7's and got to cabling.

I got both sides to the proper length when something struck me.
Something struck me as terribly wrong.

Collar #1

Collar #2

One of these things is not like the other...
In case you can't tell what's wrong, let me point it out.
Yes. All 25 inches of cabled goodness, cabled incorrectly.
Isn't knitting supposed to be stress reducing?