Wednesday, June 03, 2009

...And It Won't Be Helon...

So much frustration going on here in Superstarra-ville.

All this work on fixing Galaxy has really inspired my crochet craftiness. Which, of course, reminds me of yet another long suffering project. Helon.

I really love this dress, but have been avoiding it like the plague. I'm about 4 repeats in to the larger motif and it's such a slog. I'm not a big fan of the pattern, to be honest with you. It's pretty, but making it is UGH!

So, as much as I love this dress, I'm really thinking of categorizing it as something that is not meant to be.

But...I thought of a compromise.

I bought a crochet stitch book for another project I'm working on and so many of the stitch patterns are so beautiful, I've been considering keeping Helon's shaping but using a different pattern.

In between working on the other 4,245 projects I've got going right now, I think I'll find some time to swatch and see what I can come up with. But as for now, Helon is officially history.