Sunday, August 23, 2009

Here We Go!

Friday I started in on the Flicker hat.

I only had to restart once, can you believe it?

So I got through the ribbing, strung up 300 beads and am almost through with the first lace repeat.

Exciting!


Speaking of beads, here are the ones that I've chosen. When I went to the bead shoppe, I fully intended to buy clear beads to add a bit of sparkle, but when I saw the various colors and styles, I was overwhelmed. I fell in love with a multi-colored blue/purple variation, but since I didn't have the yarn with me I couldn't be 100% sure they'd work out. Knitters instinct was telling me to stick with something simple. So instead of the simple clear bead, I went with a simple purple. I was a little concerned about the shade, but once I got it with the yarn, it looks great! Whoo Hoo!

Okay. Time to get beading!