Thursday, October 29, 2009

Every Way Wrap

Thank you so much for all the comments about my little neckwarmer. I'm just glad that it didn't unravel or spontaneously combust. It could happen. Although I have several projects that need seaming or stuffing or hemming, I decided to cast on for something new. Something that won't need seaming or stuffing or hemming! The Every Way Wrap from IK Fall 2009.

I had picked up two hanks of Eco Wool while we were in Seattle this summer. One hank was to be a tam for my cousin and I was planning on using the left over along with the second hank to make myself something. I started the hat - really I did - but realized that this yarn would be entirely too heavy for the hat I had in mind. So I frogged it and now it's mine! All mine! I am amazed by the size of this yarn ball, so I had to take a picture of it, with a tube of Kaiser Permanente Thrive lip balm for scale. HUGE! It will be so warm and cozy wrapped around me! I can't wait!

Of course, I may have to wait awhile, as I am still slogging through the ribbing. I need to take a mental health knitting day. Is there an allotment of days for that?