Monday, November 02, 2009

Fiber!

Yesterday I went down to Torrance for the So Cal Handweavers' Guild Weaving and Fiber Festival. I didn't really know what to expect, but thought it would be a fun adventure. The Fickle Knittress was going to be there, and that was reason enough to go, right? So I called my sister and asked her to meet me over there so I wouldn't be a total loser walking around by myself.

We walked around, checked out the booths, molested a lot of fiber, met Michelle, [who is waaaay cool] and spent practically no money! I didn't buy any yarn, if you can believe it. I think having close to 10 projects in progress was quite a deterrent. We talked to a lot of really nice people [and a few stinkers who didn't know 'excuse me' means move out of the way] and I thought I saw the lovely Natalie wandering around, but wasn't 100% sure, so I didn't say anything to that lady who looked like a fellow blogger. I'm lame, I know.

It was fun all around. I'm especially excited about the new patterns I have to knit up. I could really use an extra set of hands and a month of vacation time.