Monday, October 05, 2009

Throwing Horseshoes

One step forward, two steps back...but it will all work out in the end, right?

Well, the Stash-to-Accessory Knit-a-thon is still in full effect. One of my goals, besides getting rid of onsie/twosie balls of yarn has been to try new techniques on a smaller, more manageable project. Well the Hanne Muff fit into that category as it incorporates a mock cable. I've never done a mock cable before, but I can do non-mock cables, so how hard could it be?

Next to impossible.

I don't know what the problem was, but I just couldn't get it right. So I totally ditched it [failing at one of my Stash-to Accessories Knit-a-thon goals] and decided to just use a real cable.

Ah, the horseshoe cable. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to use this cable so I thought, 'YIPPEE-KAI-YEA, little knitter!'

Ok, I didn't really think that, but I did give it a go and it's coming along nicely.

It's been slower than molasses in the winter, but I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with this darn thing. Ever feel like your knitting fer a month'a Sundays and it doesn't seem to make a darn-tootin' difference? Only after a weekend's worth of knitting am I finally seein' that this here project is finishin' up. I really want it out of my hair! It's time fer rustlin' other knits up on them there needles!

Besides, the pom pom hat awaits!