Sunday, January 16, 2005

AH, SWEET COMPLETION!

Well, I have a sense of completion! I finally finished the Rowan Cloud! It's awaiting a wash, some blocking and buttons, but it's one thing of my WIP list! I pulled out the Clapotis, I love the pattern, but unfortunately the yarn I was using was disappointing. ***sigh*** Definitely one to revisit. I'm now in the process of looking for some new projects...well picking a project from those on my Works in Planning column. Digging through yarn and finding a compatible pattern to make can be tiring!

On the acting front, nothing new for me. Last night, however, I was treated to some inspiration and a good dose of reality when I saw Hotel Rwanda. I will be sure to recommend it to everyone I speak to. It's incredible to me that the Rwanda Genocide occured only 11 years ago and how unaware most people are about what happened...myself included. It makes me sad that most people in our country are so ignorant to what's happening in the world right now, much less in our own backyard! After seeing this movie and in rememberance of all that Dr. King has done to advance the rights for all people, I am going to make an attempt this year to do what I can to ease the suffering of the less fortunate around me. So many little things...giving blood on a regular basis, volunteering for a worthy cause...even knitting hats and scarves for cancer patients. I'm going to put some good out into the world this year.