Thursday, January 27, 2005

Recap...a lesson learned...

Well I just got home from class and I must say it was a pretty cool time. I think the assigned exercise intimidated some of my classmates since class was smaller than usual. I even thought about not going, but I'm glad I did in the end. The thing with acting is that it seems that, as actors, we sometimes feel they need to 'put on a different face' to perform a role. But after performing and watching each other, I think that all of us that participated in the class realized that the characters from our scenes are no different than ourselves. Each of the 3 minute 'improvs' wasn't something we needed to create because we were just revealing different facets of ourselves as real people. It was truly experiencing that we don't need to look outside ourselves for insight into our characters. Ah, the easiest lessons sometimes need to be experienced so that we can truly learn.