Sunday, January 30, 2005

SHHH...It's a secret

This is for my secret pal, and just in case anyone else wanted to know...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I try not to be a yarn snob...some of the acyrlic that I've checked out is too scratchy and the stuff I've used doesn't hold up very nicely. I try to buy decent yarn, but I'm on a budget.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Nope and nope.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) CATS! Achoo!!!
4. How long have you been knitting? I learned when I was a kid and picked it up again about 2 1/2 years ago.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Fruity, white floral scents, Not a big fan of vanilla.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Sho' do!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Some beading/jewelry making, but Smoochy [my sister] is much better at it. Knitting is my creative outlet at the moment...besides acting.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)? Depends...I'm not in love with any popular artists at the moment...I guess it's a on a case by case basis. Yes computer has singing capabilities.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? My fave color is orange. I like jewel tones, neutrals, pastels...no neons or anything too bright. I'm fairly conservative, but I'm always willing to branch out.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my girlfriend...no pets.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To be a working actress and a knitting all-starra. Very accompishable.
13 What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? CASHMERE! Yeah, right. Something soft. I'm always working with different yarns and don't really have a favorite. I'm wanting to knit some alpaca. That's next on the wish list.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Scratchy yarns and stuff that's too hairy [I can feel the little fibers in my throat and feel like I need to cough a hairball]. I'm willing to try anything at least once.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Rowan patterns. I love the designs. Yarn, but who isn't obsessed with yarn?
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like to have different projects so I don't get bored of anything. If I have a big project, I might have a little side project that I can complete fairly quickly so I can feel a sense of completion.
17. What are you knitting right now? Rowan Hearten and a boatneck tank top. I have some baby items that I need to start...grrr...and I'm wanting to make the Clapotis scarf.
18. What do you think about ponchos? I made the Rowan Zephyr and am planning on the Rowan Cruise [a poncho with sleeves!]. I think I have all the ponchos I need. I heard someone say once that shawls are 'magical' and I'd have to agree.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Most of the straights I have are too long. I like shorter straights for little projects like scarves. I've been using circs and double pointed a lot lately.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo or aluminum. I'm not a huge fan of plastic.
21. Are you a sock knitter? I might give it a try, but haven't committed to it yet.
22. How did you learn to knit? My amazing mom.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? I put side a gifty for my cousin around Christmas...I have to frog and restart. Bummer.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Don't really have one.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, Halloween...
26. Is there anything that you collect? nothng really...knitting supplies and yarn?