Sunday, January 30, 2005

Showin' off...

Since all of my projects aren't camera-ready, I decided that I would show off my sister Smoochy's handywork. She's been knitting up some really great items and I'm going to be a proud younger [but not by much!] sister and showcase her knitting talent.


MaryElla
The beginning of her MaryElla bracelet. She strung all her beads [1600 freakin' seed beads?!?!?] and now is in the process of knitting them up 'on dental floss with her toothpick needles'. I'm so going to copy this. She's a champ working with that black thread...

Variation on a Frill
Smoochy's take on the Variation of a Frill stole. It's 100% cotton yarn...she did such a beautiful job...it's a little to lightweight for right now [amazingly it isn't always sunny and 75 in Cali], but will be so perfect for summer.


Belle Star

Smoochy gave into the poncho craze! This so cute! She made it from the Belle [Super]Starra poncho pattern on Knitty. I love the little ribbon...will she notice if I steal it...? It looks so cute on me...