Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Destined to be Frogged

A few things going on.

First off, I decided to use the pink recycled silk/cashmere [from the late, great V-neck or Boatneck Tank] for the Chevron Tank in the new Rebecca mag. It seemed like an easy enough pattern. So easy, in fact that I finished the back in two days! What a feat!

Here's a sideways shot of the completed back section.
Example
I was about a quarter way through the front section when I decided to check out and see if anyone else had thrown one of these babies together. I found one completed on Simply Stitched. What beautiful yarn. What beautiful colors! What beautiful holes?

What's up with my yarn overs?
Example

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I don't have any holes. What I do have is many a twisted stitch. Not that you can tell from either of these sucky pictures. Needless to say, I've since frogged the front section, started over and am crestfallen that I'll have to redo the back too. Better that I do it now than be bugged by my non swiss cheesyness forever. GRRRRR!!!!

This is what I get for startin' a new project, huh? Do you think Airy, The Hairy Mohairy Cardigan will take me back?