Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Packing Lists....T - 5 days and counting

Well, when I say packing I really mean comparing my yarn and patterns that I want to make and coming up with projects to take with me. I'm swatching some of the yarn so there are no surprises on the road.

So far the on deck list looks like this:
you can see some of the stashette yarn here:

Wine Red Backless Top
Example
Sexy! Sexy! I love this top! I'm going to try to get the gauge using MilleFili Fine yarn that I have in orange. Won't that be loverly? I've been wanting to use this yarn for the Hush Hush, but I think I'll wear this little number more often. If the gauge is too small, I might:
1. Read the Stitch N Bitch Nation book and learn how to adjust the pattern for the gauge that I have.
2. Wait for the Interweave Knits Summer 2005 to come because I saw a preview and there is The Acorn Cami that actually calls for this yarn.
Acorn Cami
Example
3. Put into action #1 and #2 because I have this yarn in Orange and White and could just make two tanks.

Silver-White Top
Example
I love halters! Can you tell? I'm thinking that I might be able to get gauge and achieve full halter-ness with the Soy Silk Phoenix.

Mermaid
Example
I saw this in the last issue of Interweave in the Stacey Charles insert. I love it! I thought about back ordering the mag, but it seemed like too much of a hassle in the face of all the patterns that I've already collected and am trying to make. Lo and Behold, the pattern is available on the Interweave site! Download a PDF, print and here it is on the top of my list! I think that the Suss cotton I have will fit the bill.

This might be more fun that actually packing clothes!