Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Dtich Day

Well I did it. I called out. Hee hee hee! I have some errands to run, so it won't be all fun and games, but at least I'm anywhere but my desk. I feel so evil, yet not. I love it.

Well I'm cruising along on the Lace Trim Bolero! I finished one side of the front last night, but my knitter's intuition was telling me that something might be wrong. I was having trouble deciphering 'cont to shape raglan armhole as for right side of back.' I took that to mean follow the instructions of decreasing that I did on the back. Ok. Now for 'right side', do they mean right/wrong or right/left? If they mean right/wrong, does that mean I don't decrease on the wrong side like I did for that back? I decided to just do it and it seemed ok. The measurement of the completed piece was a little longer than the chart, but I'm going to trust that I did it right. I can't be that dumb can I?

I'm going to start on the other side of the front [the left side?] and probably get that done today during my travels. I'm probably also going to take along my recycled cashmere/silk Chevron Tank [remember her?] and finish that up once and for all. Straps can't take that long, right? I just wasn't excited about garter stitch straps, but I'll just comply with the pattern since my creative deviation didn't work out well.

Can't win 'em all.