Friday, May 20, 2005

I HAVE to share this

The most hilarious thing just happened.

We have a kindergarden student who isn't always able to behave himself and focus in class. So, on not so good days, he's sent to the office, and the office staff tries to get him to focus by tutoring him on a few things.
Today was one of those days.
The first time he was in here, he said that he was tired because he didn't go to bed at 8 o'clock last night. It seems he was over at a friend's house and didn't get to bed until very late. I had him lay down for 20 minutes in the nurse's office, but he kept saying, 'I'm not tired now!' and 'It's been ten minutes!', when it had only been about 2. I sent him back to class a short time later, after making sure he was ready to work.

About 20 minutes later, he was back in the office for behavior issues. We sat him down at one of the desks and had him doing his school work. I ran out of the office for a 5, but when I came back, the office was in an uproar! It seems our little friend had to 'use it'. He was allowed to go into the nurse's office and OOPS! forgot to close the bathroom door. His re-emerence was heralded by a foul odor that took over that office and the adjoining one. It ran one office assistant into the hallway and would not succumb to diffusion or any type of spray. No smell that malorodorous should come out of a body that small! He's only 5! It must have been a turd the size of his head! It's been about 20 minutes, and I think that it's just starting to air out. He came out with just a smirk to confirm his guilt. I assured him that it's better out than in, I'd hate for the kid to have problems pooping in the future, but still! C'mon! Man, you shoulda been here.

I needed that laugh.