Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Meme II

MJ a friend and a friend of a friend and a friend tagged me with this one!

Total number of books in your house: In the Ikea bookcase, I have approximately 2-3 shelves worth of books. Mostly plays.

What was the last book you read before reading this? Dare I say Stitch N Bitch Nation? I was trying to become a better knitter.

The last book you bought: Toni Morrison's Sula. I didn't enjoy it as much as her other books, but it's still pretty good.

Books you often read or that mean a lot to you: I don't read books more than once. I've tried and tried to read 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and 'Song of Solomon' a second time, but I haven't been able to do it. I think that the book that means the most to me is Toni Morrison's 'Song of Solomon'. I'm not an avid book reader, but I couldn't put it down. I was really captivated by it. Since reading that book, I've picked up 4 of her other books and she is definitely my favorite author. I also love 'Tar Baby' and 'Beloved'. Crazy stuff. Uta Hagen's 'Respect for Acting' has also influenced me a lot. It was the first acting book that I really read and digested. It's a keeper, although I haven't revisited it either. I've read a number of plays too...too many to mention.

Who are you going to pass this on to and why?
If you want it, you've got it!