Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Tuesday Is For Pictures!

First off, thank you, thank you, thank you to my secret pal, Darcie. She sent me some great stuff...I loved using my candles and soap on the road...and the yarn is desperately awaiting a project. You can check out her fabby blog here.

Now, hold on to those hats and glasses, folks, it's a Picture Heavy Post!
I know you're excited!

Airy Vest?
Example
Pattern: Airy Cardigan from IK Winter 2004
Airy, Mohairy...as a vest? Looks like it from this picture. I'm not much of a vest girl, so it won't remain in vest state for very long. I'm happy with the results so far and I'm excited to get the sleeves in. I need to block it out a little, which is the hold up at this point. It'll be really cute over a tank or little sundress. I don't have much mohair in my wardrobe, so I'll have to see how annoying or wonderful this fabric is with this cardi.

Airy Sleeves!
Example
Pattern: Airy Cardigan from IK Winter 2004
These are the sleeves awaiting insertion. I had decided to make the flouncy a little wider than called for by the pattern. After picking up the stitches and practically completing the first sleeve, I realized that it wasn't so much a flounce as it was a band. I should have made some increases so it flounced, but at that point, I was too far in to even consider ripping it out. UGH, moHAIR! I'm a little concerned that the band will be tight, but I think I can block it into submission. More pictures to come once I get it assembled.

Kiri Shawl
Example
Pattern: Kiri Shawl from All Tangled Up
A better picture of my first foray into lace. The first picture I took really sucked. This one is in focus, at least. Isn't it lovely? I have my seventh leaf repeat completed...five or so more to go. Of course, I have around 200 stitches that I'm working with, so it's been slow going. I'm trying to take my time and using a lifeline [the pink thread] so that I don't make mistakes...frogging this stuff is no fun.

Kiri UCAP
Example
Pattern: Kiri Shawl from All Tangled Up
Up Close And Personal, Babee! Since I'm this far along, I don't care if there are mistakes, which I'm sure there is, I just hope that whole damn thing doesn't unravel. Isn't the color fab? I love looking at it in the light, all the different colored fibers fascinate me. Then again, so do bright and shiny objects. Anyway, I can't wait to wear it! I'm afraid of blocking it! If only lace didn't take so freakin' long!

It's Just Devilish
Example
Pattern: Lil Devil Pants from Stitch N Bitch Nation
I went to Michael's and I bought some...gasp...Acrylic Yarn. Say what you will, I'm kinda liking this Caron Simply Soft. The red is more orange-y than I would choose for myself, but since it's not for me, my preferences doesn't matter! I'm excited to get these done and present them to my good friend Michelle for her impending baby. I gave her the choice between the Baby's First Tattoo and the Lil Devil Pants in the Stitch N Bitch Nation Book, and she squealed, 'THE DEVIL PANTS!'

BBBB for my BB!
Example
Pattern: Big Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch N Bitch
This is another baby project, but this was presented way back in September to my best friend for her baby. I felt so excited seeing the baby and the blanket today! A rush of pride and joy rushed over me when I saw it draped over the stroller. I MADE THAT! Since I didn't take a picture of it before, I made sure I got one today. It's actually a soft green, but the light from the red tent we were under cast a pink tinge to it's green loveliness.

One last note to all my Bay Area friends:
If you're free Friday afternoon around 1:30 pm and just happen to be at San Jose State University, come by and say hi! I'll be there with Vonyse for her final Virgin Mega Tour performance.

I'll be the girl with the red rose. Just kidding.