Saturday, July 23, 2005

Tag~a~rer~ra

Jennifer , the Craftylilly, bestowed this meme upon myself. I love her answers...and here are mine!

What was I doing... 10 years ago?
Ten years ago? Um, just getting out of the 7th grade. No, that's a lie. I was living at home in The OC, and was just graduating from my junior college. I was preparing to go to university and was in a relationship with a guy I should have never started dating in first place. Damn hindsight.

5 years ago?
I was living in Long Beach...The LBC...yeah, yeah! I was working at Crate & Barrel, and trying to make a go at the acting thing. I was driving all over hell's half acre...OC for work, LA for auditions and the LBC to sleep! I also just started seeing a wonderful woman, which was scary and great all at the same time.

1 year ago?
I was living in LA, getting ready to shoot my first lead role in a student film and auditioning as much as I could. I was doing extra work on the show 24 with the hopes of making something happen.

yesterday?
Kinda of a trick question, since it's 1am. Yesterday, Friday, I attended my Great Aunt's memorial service in Fontana, CA [AKA Fon~tucky]. It was 108 degrees by 1pm! Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of the California desert. It was wonderful to see my cousins and to catch up with them. Although I missed the ceremony itself, it was great to be there for them in their time of need. I also had an opportunity to spend some time with my dad, mom, Smoochy and my aunt. It was a good family day.

today?
I'm only an hour and forty minutes into it. So far, I've made it home from Smoochy's, checked my emails and started in on this meme. Next I'm going to go to bed. Sounds like a good start to the day!

tomorrow?
Which would be Sunday in my f'd up mode of thinking? Sunday? Hmmm...maybe a little coffee, a little Farmer's Market [I love the free sampling!], laundry, a little 6' Under. A little Entourage [Mandy Moore guest stars?], and finishing Orangina? Yes, I'm getting close!

5 snacks I enjoy:
God there are so many! Where to start? Nuts, cookies, summer fruit, chips [did you know they have Funions a la Wasabi now? Evil in a bag, let me tell you...], and chocolate in most forms.

5 bands and singers for which I know most of their stuff:
Me'shell, Tori Amos, Jellyfish, Vonyse and The Black Crowes. Check 'em out!

What would I do with $100,000,000?
Get my ass out of debt. Invest. Take care of my family and make sure they are all financially sound. Buy myself some publicity so that I'm the next big thing...move over Paris Hilton...I've got substance and talent!

5 locations I'd run away to:
New York City, Paris, Greece, China, Italy. Let's go now!

5 bad habits:
Hording yarn. Ok that's not bad...start over. Procrastinating. Spending money irresponsibly. Bitching and moaning about nothing. Creating piles. Starting too many projects. ; )

5 things I like doing:
Knitting. Acting. Shopping. Dressing up. Being with friends and family.

5 things I would never wear:
Neon. Peplums. Shoulder pads. Certain open toed shoes. Thongs to any formal occasion.

5 TV shows I like:
Nip/Tuck. 6' Under. Sex and the City. 24. House. [Close runner up would have to go to CSI: Miami. I'm enthralled with how cheesy David Caruso is. Almost every sentence he says contains the name of the person he's speaking to. Even if he has 4 or 5 consecutive lines with that person. Strange. Who talks like that?

5 Movies I like:
State and Main. Elizabeth. Rear Window. West Side Story. Magnolia.

5 famous people I'd like to meet:
I'm going to give myself a reason to meet these famous people. I'd try to talk them into being in the movie I'd be making with my $100,000,000: Jeffrey Wright [the most amazing actor...if you don't know him, you better check his shit out!], Cate Blanchett, Mos Def, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Harold Perrineau Jr. I so love all of their work and would learn so much from being able to talk to them and watch them work.

5 biggest joys at the moment:
Knitting. Being away from The Children of America for a little while. Staying up until 5 am and sleeping until noon [this will be short lived]. Acting class. Ice cream.

5 favorite toys:
Bryspun needles? YEAH! High heeled shoes. Fake eyelashes. Scrabble. The computer!

Now I've got to tag three people...

Stacey
Kackie C.
Faith

Play along, or don't...the choice is up to you!