Friday, August 26, 2005

The Beginnings Of Leaf Pattern Scarf

In my bout of indecision, I've decided to cast off the fiber that is binding me and knit a scarf. Not just any plain rectangular garter stitch scarf, the Vogue Summer 05 Leaf Pattern Scarf!!! The Wicked Knitter is also making one, go check out her blog and see how fab hers is looking!

I like the majority of the scarves from that issue, but this is first I've decided to make. I'm even using some stash yarn! Can you believe it? Well, some stash yarn in conjunction with yarn that was gifted to me. Wanna know what I'm using? Ok, I'll share. I'm using the Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud in Peppermint as the main color and the leaves are Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Hollyberry, Mulled Wine and Mist. I'm swatching it using size 8 needles, but if it's too big I will either move down to a 7 or double the cloud. Actually all of this information is for me. I really need to start keeping track of this information, so you get the joy of reading it. I'm excited to knit something rather mindless after the nightmare I'm experiencing recalculating the gauge for Hobo. I'm to the neckline/armhole decrease section and just need a break from all this math! Did I mention that I was a theatre student? My job is to look cute and cry on cue, not to crunch numbers!!! It's not that bad really, I'm just afraid that it's going to be horribly off. I'm I actress, not a mathematician...although I could play one on TV.

Also, if you'd like to see some beautiful knits, check out Grumperina's blog. The red wrap sweater and the natural colored shrug she just finished are to die for!