Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Making Plans...Is It Officially Fall Yet?

Well citizens, it's the end of the month. Tomorrow is September first and along with rent being due, it's time that I've made some knitting plans as I can faintly hear the tinkling of sleigh bells warning me of the impending holiday season. So here are my plans for September...and beyond!

Apricot Jacket: I'm not going to say how much I love this sweater anymore. I'm with you, don't even want to hear it...just shut up and make it! Okay, okay...I'm already in the midst of a sinister plan to get the yarn I need.

Have a contest!: I love contests almost as much as I love surveys. Hey, why don't I have my own contest? I should have thought of that a long time ago. What would I do without you? You're so smart, it's not a wonder that I keep you around.

Kiri Shawl:: UGH! Kiri. It's not that I'm not enjoying the pattern. I love it. I'm happy with the Alpaca Cloud. I'm enthralled with the color. I'm intrigued by the thought of having a shawl to toss about when I'm feeling particularly diva. I hate...LOATHE purling 300+ stitches. Yet another thing...I need to stop bitching, get to stitching and just finish...right? Right???!?!? Besides that I need to free up those size 5's!

Start Christmas gifties: Quick knits for holiday gifts, that's the catch phrase. I'm going to make some more cabled purses [and maybe striped and lacy ones too] and I'm also planning to go through my mags and use whatever scarf pattern is therein contained for gifts. I figure it will be an interesting way to improve my skills, bust the stash and keep gift making interesting. Not that I don't love making 15+ stockinette scarves. YAWN! Sorry, did I fall asleep whilst thinking about it? My only issue is...how will I part with them once I'm done?

Reducing the Stashette: I've realized just recently that I have a lot of odds and ends. Some of the odd balls can be used for Christmas gifts, but I'm going to try to keep my yarn buying to a minimum. If I find a great deal, I will only buy if there is enough for a project [rather than two odd balls] or buy with a specific project in mind. DUH!

Cables!: The secret code word for fall is cables, Cables, CABLES! Aren't cables great? There's Rowan's cable tube top, Soul. Only 4 balls of Calmer, I think I can do that! There's the Fall 05 Vogue Cabled Jacket #13. The color they chose is horrible, but I'm liking the style and look of this one. There's the Rebecca #41 Rebecca Cabled Sweater. I was going back and forth for a while, but I really like the pattern, and if I have to walk around all day pulling the front down to crotch level for it to be how I want it to look, gosh darn it, I WILL! C'mon everyone, let's cable...with or without a needle!

Finish Hot Lava: This is a no brainer. The only hold up on this one is the heat and the yarn shortage issue. I'm not worried...I'm just anxious to wear it!

Gloves: I think that I'm wanting to make some gloves. I'm pretty excited about trying it out...the challenge with be the small circumference of the fingers but I'm up for the challenge. I'm liking the Embroidered Gloves from the Fall Vogue but I think there's a nice glove pattern in the new Rowan that I want to check out too. I have some yarn from the stashette that might work so I just need to make a swatch. DPN's are our friends!

Intarsia!: I'm interested in trying this. It's kinda last on the list, but I'm going to try to get around to it. I love the Weekend Getaway Satchel from Interweave Knits...and there's a KAL too...

I'm hoping to have everything crossed off this list by the end of the year. I'm adding it to side bar, so I don't lose focus of what I'm trying to accomplish. I probably won't get the sweaters completely done since I'll have Christmas gifts to work on, but I can at least get the underway and finish off the ones I've already started. Let see...what's my motivation? 10 balls of Calmer?