Sunday, September 11, 2005

Aretha, the Mayor and Hot Lava

Hey everybody. I had a fabulous night last night. Not only did I get to see Aretha Franklin in concert, Hot Lava made it's official debut! Aretha was amazing. Her voice is just as strong and beautiful as ever and there were many a famous person in the audience...Don Cornelius [SooOOooOooooul Train!], Smokey Robinson and we were sitting right in front of Margaret Avery...who played Shug in The Color Purple! Too awesome! After the show, we met LA's new hot Mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa. I think he was eyeing my Hot Lava. Just kidding. He was very nice, shook everyone's hand, took pictures and seemed very down to Earth. I should have told him to look for me on the MTA [for those of you who don't live in LA, he's very pro public transportation...encouraging folks to get out and ride the bus/train]. Oh well.

Anyway, I've been too busy this weekend to knit...isn't that a shame? But when Aretha's in town, knitting can wait.