Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Plea...

DESPERATELY SEEKING...
STRSSD SPRSTRRA SKS ADVC 4 GR 3-5 KNTCLB.


I've been tapped to teach some kids at school how to knit. I believe it will be for girls [and enlightened young men] in grades 3-5, but you never know.

So, I'm tapping into the collecting know-how of the Citizens of Superstarra-ville!

I need advice, techniques, methods, magic spells and any nuggets of knitting brilliance you are in possession of that can help turn me into Superstarra Knitting Teacher. There is another staff member who may co-teach with me, but I want to be fully prepared in case I'm left alone to fend for myself. My biggest worry [other than my tendancy to over explain everything] is that I'm a lefty in a right handed world. I'm not sure if I will have to teach myself to knit right handed [which will be very handy] or if there's an easier way.

The school is going to purchase supplies [although I will throw it out to parents where they can get they own stuff...] and I'm figuring that we'll just make rectangular scarves or I may come up with a simple purse pattern. It should be fun...even some of the teacher and staff members want to learn! Sigh...somehow I'm thinking it's going to be everyone knitting but me!