Friday, October 14, 2005

Smoochy's A Finisher!

Smoochy came by yesterday and brought along a few finished objects for my [and your] approval and amazement. First up, Butterfly from Rowan 37. She used a beautiful kid/silk blend yarn...isn't the color gorgeous? Unfortunately, she's not totally in love with it. It's a little big and still seems prone to stretching, so it might get bigger. She also feels the it accentuates the 'chub' a little bit too much. As you can see, I'm using my supermodel pose to keep the chub at a minimum. I think that it's beautiful and if she complains too much about it, I might just say 'CHUB BE DAMNED' and steal it. Much quicker than making my own, right?

Next up is Smoochy's Cozy. She used 8 skeins of Knitpick's Andean Treasure in sunset. First off, the color is gorgeous. Next, it's super soft and...well, cozy. Since she used all 8 skeins, it's much longer than called for in the pattern, so it's kinda like a pashmina. So wonderful! I'm super, super, super coveting it. I might just have to make one for myself...right after I knit the 18 projects already in the queue.