Saturday, August 12, 2006

That Jet Setting Lifestyle...

Boy could I use a nap. I've just had such a fun day!

First off, I had a short play rehearsal this morning. The director went over the logistics of the play and her concept for the characters. I really have quite a challenge ahead of me. It's going to be so much fun; I can't wait to get on my feet and have a run at it! I also realized how much my character just chatters on and on, so I'm glad that I've gotten a third of my lines down already.

After rehearsal, I picked up Smoochy and we made our way back to LA for some yummy lunch and a cupcake chaser. Yes, we went to Sprinkles! They serve different flavored cupcakes each day...we had red velvet, peanut butter chocolate and milk chocolate. My favorite was the red velvet...mmmMMMmmm...cream cheese frosting. I really wanted to go back to try their lemon and carrot flavored cupcakes.

Athough I haven't been knitting or crocheting a whole hell of a lot, I certanly have been aquiring a number of new patterns. I received a copy of Alterknits for my birthday. So many things I want to try! I love the silver squares necklace, herringbone cuff, the lace-up shawl/scarf/wrap and the screen door cover. I also picked up a copy of a new mag called Crochet Today. I primarily bought it for some cute japanese-y looking dolls that I'm really excited to make. There are a few other patterns that are cool...baby bibs and booties, a log cabin throw and cute little square knicky-knack holders [all variations of previously published knitting patterns]. The mailman dropped off the new Interweave and Vogue Knitting mags...IK didn't thrill me, but I really like a few patterns in Vogue. Will any of hem make it on to the new Fall Knitting List? OooOOooOo...decisions, decisions...