Friday, October 27, 2006

~Cupcake Clarity ~

Just a bit of a crazy rant for the moment. Bear with me.

So I went on an interview today for a receptionist position at an talent agency. I was a bit conflicted as to whether or not I even wanted to go on the interview, as I keep feeling like I really need to take this “unemployed’ time to really focus on my goals of getting the acting career going.

Well, during the interview, the employer asked me where I saw myself in 5 years. Certainly not answering phones for this agency. I didn’t say that, but that’s what I was thinking. Then she asked me what my dream job was. Certainly not answering phones for this agency. I didn’t say that, but that’s what I was thinking. I admitted that I’m an actor and she immediately told me that I was out of the running, because they don’t hire actors. I was cool with that.

I left the office and walked over to Sprinkles Bakery for an interview cupcake chaser. Carrot with cream cheese frosting. I didn’t even scarf it down right away on the way home. I just sat thinking about what’s going on with me. Do I really want to find another full time job in a field that I don't want to be in? Do I want to put off my dream job for a few more years? Do I want to sit behind another desk earning a marginal paycheck, watching time pass me by?

No.
No.
No.

I think that my priorities and focus are going to be changing. I’m going to look for something part time and really make an effort to get an agent and get myself out there. Too much time has been wasted already, don’t you think? It's time to put my money where my mouth is and see where my talent can take me.

Okay, rant done. Thanks for reading.