Thursday, October 05, 2006

Two Blogs Are Better Than One...

Sure, I've had my issues with Rebecca patterns in the past, and this pattern is no exception. I'm having a bit of trouble with the chart. The instructions don't give me anything other than 'work cable pattern over 26/27 stitches'. Now, reading the chart, am I supposed to work rows 1-7? What is the point of the purls in the middle of the larger cable? Should I just ignore that part and knit those 6 stitches? And what about those cut outs in the chart? On the sides, where it cuts off at row 5, do I skip down to row 1? Of course the pictures in the magazine are too small for me to figure out what's going on.

I really hate charts...I misread it for about 5 inches and had to frog it all. I'm starting over from scratch. I hate starting over from scratch.


Help, someone, anyone. I'm about to break up with Rebecca.