Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm One Big Pain

When does Summer start again? Oh, who can remember. Regardless, I feel fully engulfed in summer knitting. No tanks on the agenda, it's more along the lines of cover-ups, skirts and light sweaters.

As far as my works in progress are concerned, the Cropped Jacket in Lace Pattern is coming along nicely. I'm almost complete with the back, but...you guessed it...my wrist started hurting. Ugh. That was fine, I kinda wanted to get back to the Walking After Midnight skirt. It had been so long since I worked on it, I almost forgot where I left it.

So today, I picked it up and have made significant progress while watching a few movies on the idiot box. WHO-HOO! I'm done with the endless boring shells and am now on to pineapples. Yes, pineapples! The look more like pine cones, but who am I to refute years of crochet tradition?

I have a few things that I'm excited to get on the needles too, but I have to get pictures so we can all oooh and aaah together. I think this is the first summer that I've actually enjoyed crafting for the summer. Most of the time I find myself working on tanks that I eventually never wear or other projects, just longing to knit something useful...like a wool sweater. Nothing like knitting wool in 90 degree heat.

Time to get back to my pineapples...mmmm...pineapples.