Thursday, May 17, 2007

On The CDL

I'm putting myself on the Crochet Disabled List. I'm still going to work on WAM!, but probably with less fervor than the last two crochet projects. My stiff little finger! GRRR! Not only is my finger stiff, but I'm already bored of the endless [count 'em...all 10 of them] rows of shells. Just 6 more rows before I get to make a pineapple. I can and will hang in there.

Since I just can't sit around on my ass all day and not create something, I'm back to knitting! I started the Anna dress with some stash Rowanspun 4-ply, but I'm not sure if I'm liking how it's looking. The original design used Rowan Studio Spray, but I can't handle all that mohair fibre. What to do? What to do? I might continue on with the 4-ply for a few more inches and see how I feel about it then.

So, since the Anna-Rowanspun idea wasn't really working out, I did a little more stash diving and came up with some GGH Capri and Rebecca #31's [same mag that has the Powder Jacket] design #37, entitled 'Cropped Jacket in Lace Pattern'. I couldn't have named it better myself. I started it last night, and since it's cropped, I'm expecting that it should go fairly quickly.

The yarn isn't too bad so far although it tends to pull fairly easily. That gives me some concern as to how it will wear. I'm putting that fear aside and going forward. I'll be sure to only wear it when I'm feeling very girly and will take great pains to avoid rough snaggy edges all together.

That aside, I love the tangerine color and it should be perfect as a little light cover-up for the rest of Spring and into Summer.

A little shot of the lace pattern in the yarn. I don't understand why any magazine would publish a pattern in black. I mean, how is someone supposed to see the pattern itself? Doesn't it look so much better in a color? Dumbasses.