Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sleeves, Sleeves, Sleeves, Sleeves and a Skirt

So while I was deciding on a solution for the Cropped Sweater conundrum, I picked up the Lace Tunic and have been working on the front non-stop. Lo and behold, I finished the front in about two days. Not bad, especially considering the length of the damn thing measures 80cm.

That means I have 3 weeks to complete 4 sleeves.
TOTALLY DO-ABLE!

The first sleeve of the Cropped Jacket is almost done...just those pesky 22 rows. And the extra ball is on it's way from Jimmy Beans Wool, so I can continue the sweater as originally planned.

The first sleeve of the Tunic in Lace Pattern has been casted on and I'm about 8cm in so far. Not bad, and the lace pattern around the bell of the sleeve will keep my interest.

And the last thing I wanted to update you about was Walking After Midnight. The skirt itself is finished, but it is bigger than I expected. My plan to wash, block and make adjustments to the waistband was thwarted by a small apartment made even smaller with the addition of a houseguest. GF's mom was staying with us and I didn't want to make the space any smaller by attempting to block it. She left yesterday, so blocking will take place tomorrow. The weather is especially warm, so it shouldn't take too long to dry.

Ok, time to get back to the tunic's sleeve. 3 weeks is a long time, but it's not that long.