Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Vacation Packing...

As knitters, we all know what vacation packing entails. What project do I take with me? And that's usually decided long before we decide what we'll actually wear.

With the tunic completed, my first thought was to finish the Cropped Sweater. Right now, I'm about 1/3 of the way through the final sleeve, so I think that I'll just do what I can and finish it up once I get home. I think that I'm leaning more toward compact projects for this trip [and don't really want to be bother with seaming].

First in the suitcase will be 5 skeins of RYC Cashsoft DK. I got this on ubersale at a LYS. The color is kinda brown, kinda gold and even takes on a subtle green in certain lights. I plan on using this to crochet...
The Blue Curacao Shawl from Amazing Crochet Lace. From the few I've seen made, this shawl is a pretty quick hook. I may even be able to wear it before the vacation is over! The ultimate goal is to make it for my cousin's wedding in mid-August.


I also thought another even more portable project would be good to bring along. I've been wanting to make the Perdita bracelets from Knitty for a while now...I even bought the DMC floss something like 6 months ago. That should be enough to keep my busy and leave a lot of room in my bag for souvenirs and sunblock. It's only a 4 day trip, afterall.

As you can see, I've made significant progress morning on packing.


Ah, that's better.