Monday, August 20, 2007

Collective Sigh Of Relief

I hope everyone had a good weekend. As for me, my cousin's wedding was fun, it was just such a long day...and so hot I didn't even need my Blue Curacao....it was still warm at midnight! I'm still recovering though...a 3 1/2 hour trip from LA to San Diego is no joke.

However, it did give me plenty of time to right my knitting wrongs.

As you can see, I've bounced back from my previous issues. I'm feeling pretty confident right now, but I certainly won't allow my hubris to get the better of me. I'm about to start the waist decreases, so things should definitely speed up from here on out.

I'm pretty excited to get this finished. Although I'm afraid to ever post again if it turns out to be a dud! That being said, let me say thank you to everyone who has humbled me with compliments regarding my finished projects. I feel like I'm just trying to keep up with you guys!

And speaking of new projects...Remember the Cable Bobble Tunic for gf? Well, I my copy of Fitted Knits arrived Friday and I had gf look through it. She picked Textured Tunic with Side Buttons...which is also my favorite pattern from the book. So I guess my yarn needs have changed a bit. My only concern is that it's made with a fairly chunky yarn and since gf is petite, I don't want to choose a chunky yarn that will add a lot of bulk to her frame. I guess I could just recalculate for a lighter weight yarn and call it a day. Shouldn't be that hard, right?

And now for something totally unrelated...
Remember when I posted about this little guy? My best friend had sent him to me as a birthday gift with a post-it note around his waist saying 'There's more where this came from baby...'? Well, here's the whole story. About 6 months ago my friend, who lives down in Orange County, was shopping for a birthday gift for one of her young nieces at an educational store. She came across these two toy families. One being Caucasian and one being African American. The Caucasian family was priced at $7. The black family - $1. Although she is Caucasian herself, my best friend got really upset at what the pricing was saying. She was offended at the thought that the Caucasian family was worth 7 times more than the African American one. So, she bought it as a protest statement to the store and society in general.

I doubt anyone noticed, but I appreciate the sentiment.
I bet you can see now why she's my best friend.

And hell, it's the thought that counts. We're still waiting for the rest of the family's visas to come through, allowing them leave the Orange Curtain [Orange County] and make their way to LA.