Friday, August 10, 2007

Potpourri

What's new around here? Well, I guess nothing, but I should explain the picture to the left.

So my best friend [since 1913] calls me the other day and tells me that she's mailed me a package. She said it was silly little something that made her crack up and decided right then and there that she had to send it to me.

Inside the package was this little plastic man. He had a post-it note wrapped around his waist and in big block letters was written: 'There's more where this came from Baby.' I don't know what it meant either, but I laughed until tears were running down my face. So I sat him down on the coffee table by the couch. The next morning, as I was leaving for work, I noticed him peering out from behind gf's coffee mug. I swear to god, he looked exactly like he does in the picture above. I think it was an attempt to be left at home with gf instead of coming to work with me...and it worked because I promptly forgot him. And I don't know what it is, but this kid is hilarious.

In other news, I decided to wear my Powder Jacket to work today. I like it styled this way much better than with the bust enhancing plain white tee under it.

Oh yeah, then there's this:

I'm the Helen Mirren of Superstarra-ville!

My Knitting Golden Globe!


So Knitpicky gave me this award. Thank you not only for the birthday wishes, but for my two new obsessions: The Doctor Bag from Knit2Together and a Habu Stainless Steel blend scarf.

I'm going to pass this one on...I know I've seen this on many blogs, so if you've already received it, consider yourself the Meryl Streep of the bloggin' world.

Beth: Who renewed my interest in socks...darn those Spiral Boot Socks!
Carole: A fellow Leo that totally rocks.
Sarah: Who pulled off the road during a rainstorm to save a confused [and cutie pie] dog.
Isela: Who trained and completed her first triathlon last month.

Have a good weekend everyone!