Friday, August 17, 2007

Undaunted

Ok, so I've suffered a minor setback.

I was about 3" into Norotious on my size 7's when that nagging innervoice started whispering. With each stitch it became louder and louder until I had to stop and reconsider.

First off, let me say I went to go buy Annie's book Romantic Handknits yesterday and Borders didn't even have it. GRRR! So I got some carrotcake for dinner.

Ok...the voices. One was whispering about the size. I usually knit a 36/38" bust. The bust sizes for Notorious I could go with: 34 or 38 1/2, which finished off as 35 or 39 1/2. From the picture, I can see this is supposed to be shape conscious, but something told me to knit the 38 1/2 for modesty's sake. The voices were also telling me [I must like you guys a lot to admit that voices talk to me...] that the Safari and the size 7 needles were not a good choice.

I had to admit after 4" that the voices were right. The fabric on the 7's was just too loose and floppy. So I frogged the whole thing and started over on size 6. With a little creative arithmetic, I think that the 38 1/2 will still give the the correct result. Not too tight, not too loose.

I'm feeling a leap of faith coming on.