Friday, January 11, 2008

Not Stash Busting, But Not Stash

So after finishing the fuzzy Luxe Neckwarmer for my sister's birthday gift, I thought to myself, to be on the safe side, I should probably make a second scarf in case she hates it. I had a few things in mind, but kinda wanted to try the Luxe Neckwarmer pattern in a non-fuzzy yarn.
So....

Luxe Neckwarmer Deux

Backstory

Pattern: Luxe Neckwarmer from Knit Two Together by Mel Clark and Tracey Ullman
Yarn: Misti International Misti Alpaca Chunky
Needles: US 10

Somehow, I found myself at Knit Cafe last night. I looked around a bit for a chunky yarn that wouldn't break the bank with a good amount of yardage. Since the Luxe neck warmer [as written] uses about 130 yards, it wasn't too tall of an order.

I spotted the Alpaca Chunky and immediately grabbed the purple hank. So pretty...so soft...and priced at $16, it was a fairly good deal since I would only need that one hank. I didn't commit to it and continued to look around. There was some Rowan merino yarn and some other random brand, but I would have needed to purchase two balls...and that would have brought my cost over $25. So I to be cost effective, I decided on the Alpaca.

Sssssssssooooooo sooooooffffttttt.
Luxe Neckwarmer Deux
I got home and after a little dish washing, I casted on. With one eye on the tv and the other on my knitting, I almost finished off the entire thing. So this morning, I took about 20 minutes and there you go! One more gift done.

Luxe Neckwarmer Deux
My cast off was a bit tight, so I'm happy I didn't cut! You don't know how tempted I am to keep this. I love the color...and it's so cozy! This pattern is highly addictive! I do have some other yarn that I could stashbust and gift to my sister as one of the other neckwarmer styles...