Friday, February 22, 2008

Looking Forward...

It's been quite a day here at the Tragic Kingdom Dot Com. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong, but it didn't damper my mindset one bit. I think my good mood kept my boss from committing sepuku in her office, so that's a big plus. It's almost quitting time and I'm looking forward to getting home and relaxing a bit.

My regularly scheduled knitting plans may be interrupted this weekend. A month or so ago, I got a call that a friend and former co-worker found a lump in her breast and had made the decision to have the entire breast removed. I went and saw her not long after her surgery...she was feeling fine and her spirits were high. She said that she was waiting to hear back from the doctors as to whether she would have to undergo chemo or if everything was good. Well, she started chemo a few weeks back and just last week she sent out a picture of herself...bald. I must say she has a nice shaped head. Well, I talked to her today, and she still sounded just chipper and positive as ever. I asked her if she needed any hats...and she said, OH YES..."make one black or white so I can wear it with everything". I don't think I have any nice soft black yarn, so I think I'll pick up a little something on the way home and make her a hat or two this weekend. She was one of my favorite people when I was at that job, so it's the least I can do.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!