Saturday, March 01, 2008

Distractions

The LA Marathon is tomorrow. I live along the route, between mile 4 and 5. I plan on getting up early to see the front-runners marathon by. It's always fun to cheer the runners on as they go by. Gf and I usually get a few laughs in.

Oh, I have just a few things to show off today. No...I didn't miraculously finish Flo. Maybe next week.

Rowan Aura

Backstory

Pattern: Aura from the Rowan Calmer Collection
Yarn: Rowan Calmer
Needles: US 6
Exposition: A cap for a friend. Nothing really to say about the knitting of this. The only thing I would change would be to add an edge stitch to each side to aid in seaming.

Cabled Legwarmers

Backstory

Pattern: Cabled Leg Warmers
Yarn: Pingouin Fleur de Laine
Needles: US 8
Exposition: I made a few changes to these. I added an extra two rows to the top ribbing. I eliminated the bobbles after being scarred by the ugly of the first one I tried. I eliminated the garter stitch in the back, opting for plain ribbing. I cut the bottom ribbing off after 14 rows.

Nothing much to say about these either, other than it was a welcomed distraction from my regularly scheduled knitting.